Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Footwear Frenzy!

I'm surprised that my nickname is not Amelda. I think I'm down to 60+ shoes at this point, which maybe an adult lifetime low. They live in the coat/storage closet that I have claimed for my own, after deeming the small closet in the bedroom not fit for my wardrobe.

So, as you can see this blog is properly named. Ha. Actually I know the secret to why women love shoes. They don't make you look fat. You see a shoe on the shelf, and you try it on. It looks better on your foot then not. So of course you have to take it home.

This year I am going to only purchase 12 pairs of shoes. Limited to 1 per month. To me that sounds like a lot of shoes. Then I realized that I had already purchased 5 pairs in the first 3 weeks of the year. So I have told myself I don't get a new pair until May.

Below are my picks for if I were not "cut off" until May. I think I can make it. It will be hard with all the new spring styles. I'm a sucker for a pee-a-boo toe.

Sneakers:


Leopard print is my favorite color. I actually passed these up at the Rack a month ago. They were still a little pricey (special designer Keds), and I usually do not wear sneakers. I wish I would have picked them up for spring, before my shoe ban.

Also, Keds.These are fantastic. I love the bow, and the bias binding around the shoe, it reminds me of some vintage packs of it I have from my Great Aunt Mabel.

This is my favorite height of heel. Taller then a kitten, but low enough you won't fall off after a few cocktails. I have a few pairs of shoes from this brand, Poetic Lisence, and love how comfortable they are. Plus come on, hot pink fringe, YESSSS!

Again, favorite heel height. The V shape of the blue on the toe is what drew my attention to this shoe. I love the shiney and matte of the suede and patent leather together.


Oh look, my favorite color again. I wish I could have these to teeter around Las Vegas in. Gold shiney, leopard, a bow, AND bowdanlges?



These have taunted me at the Rack. Good thing they were pretty spendy there, or they would now reside in my closet. I am helpless against little details, like the pinking on the gold trim around the top.

The shape of these drew my attention to them. The toe looks very long, but I like that in an odd way. Also, I'm a huge fan of the wedge that is as skinny has a heel. It creates a great silohette from behind. These look cozy and remind me of a librarian.



Too bad I won't be wearing these this spring. The cut of the shoe would definately yield some toe cleavage. Also the metal snaps around the ankle strap area great industrial detail to a dainty flat.

Yeah, leopard print, bow and scalloping. The print of the leopard is a little bland, which is a suprise from a Betsey Johnson shoe. She usually has the most fantastic of animal prints.

So cute!! Oh wait, I wore these today. Since I own them. Best flat I have bought in the last year. (Just had to throw them in since I found them online)


The yellow pops so well off of this grey snakeskin. If I had these on my feet I would stare at them all day.


Another thing I have a fondness for is cheesy looking gold chain. I also love the print.



Kelly green is one of my most favorite colors. Last season there were lots of green shoes, and I'm really glad to see some carry over. These are so sweet and feminine, the tiny strap is great.



Love the swiss cheese holes on these little guys, they would be great for summertime. The toe is what sold me on them. Gathering is such a fun detail, and the faux grommet with the leather pulled through is interesting detail, that would again, have me staring at my feet all day.

Who can't love a pair of shoes with little multi color hearts on the inside? This is a pair I would never wear in real life, but love ogeling them on the shelf. Yellow and I are not friends.

Last on my list, the ever cute, t-strap Mary Janes. This shoe is very visually interesting to me. It almost looks like something made from clay. The thick piping and large t-strap are not dainty, but rather bulky, but yet still feminine. Also, I love anything that is high contrast.


I'm sure I'll be back with more shoes, that is all for this week in shoe land. 2 weeks no shopping and doing great. Actually, 2 weeks, no buying anything but essentials. Lots of window shopping. I'm determined to break up with credit cards, and this time it will be for good.

No comments: