Tuesday, September 30, 2008

bows, Bows, BOWS!

Ok, so this entire post is dedicated to fall tops with bows on them. I know I am a little more then obsessed with bows, so I promise in the next post I will not mention them all. They look fancy, and I love 3-D things on garments, or faux effect. I am also getting out of my shopping "box" of discount or cheapie retailers (don't worry I still love you, but I am not for reals shopping). So if price were no object, this is what I would buy. I have also invited my friend Nina to join this blog, hopefully she will, and add some non-bow variety.


This brand, Primp, has really cute textile prints. I actually have a pink version of this shirt (different bow print) from spring. I wore the hell out of it all summer.


I want to snuggle up in this Viviane Westwood sweater. It looks cozy, and has lots of fun bows to be had with the ties.



I love the contrast on this one. The bow shape is also spectacular. Kind of looks like rick rack the way the bow is formed around the top. Is a little reminiscent of shirt Target had last holiday in their guest designer section, Erin Fetherston.

This one is giant and 3-d, and a textile nerd love for me. The knitting on the bow is awesome.

The length on this one is spectacular.


Simple, cute and washable from Charlotte Russe.


This is great under a sweater, or with a skirt for going out. The drape on the neck tie is great and almost creating a shawl collar effect.

Last but not least is the little cardigan. At first I thought the bow was knitted into the sweater, but upon closer inspection, it is a screen print. Ah, a trompe l'oeil, I love it.

Ok, hopefully I have gotten bows off my brain.

No comments: