Sunday, June 21, 2009

Unsafe "fashion"

So I try hard not to talk shit on this website. I leave that to my fav, dlisted.com

Anyone who knows me know that I find the following things horrid:

ponchos
socks and sandals
tie dye

There is never an acceptable version of any of the above.

The other day I was driving, and saw this gem of wonder cruise up beside me on a bike:


Non-helmet wearing cyclists on busy roads are not a favorite of mine, nor are the ones that weave through traffic. Which this lady was doing both. What mainly caught my attention was the GIANT poncho she was wearing, and the fact that it kept almost getting caught in her back tire. The bottom was batting against it, and frankly I'm surprised that it didn't get caught in the wheel and throw her backwards (by her neck) to the ground.

Ponchos. Don't do it. EVER.

No comments: