Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Spring & Summer wardrobe additions

Spring in Oregon is usually rainy. It's mid June and we have already had record waterfall for the month. What gives Mother Nature? Perhaps that is why I have not been as inclined to boost my wardrobe with too many new items. (also I'm on a strict budget until my F-YOU Visa party).

Below are the only non-pillaged items to enter my home in the last few months. I plan on getting good wear out of them for when the warmer weather finally shows up. And I have already learned how to layer them since today is June 16th and our high is in the 50's.

So I've been doing really good with shopping local and thrifted. I went into Target for some cleaning supplies and ended up buying two pieces. Which I felt bad about, but I figure it isn't too bad since they are the only two clothing items purchased from them in the last 4 months.

First being this skirt. It's comfy, the waist stretches a shit ton, and it has a lot of movement. I couldn't find the colorway I got online, but it was similar to this print, but only black and white. $17.99

The second thing I picked up at Target was this lightweight cotton sundress. Has a lot of movement as well and nice little pockets in the pleats. My only gripe (and it is a consistent one of Target) is when they grade their sizes beyond a size 8/10 the strap placement gets super weird. The back straps on mine are at least 1.5" away from my bra straps on my back in the middle. You would think they would check that kind of thing. But for $24.99 perhaps not.
On to things I have bought locally. I love this jewelry line, Plume. The earrings are nice and light on the ears, and well put together. I picked up the green pair on the left at Union Rose. Plus it matches the above sundress perfect! $22.00
One problem I have with dropping off dresses I make at Pin Me, is that I usually leave with a new one. Thus was the case last night. But hey, I love my cute new Gentle Fawn dress I have on today. Even though it is with leggings and a sweater. $89.00




I am also wearing another pair of earrings that I bought at Union Rose. The line, Seaworthy, is new to the shop and I LOVE it. They are also super light, which is something I value in my bodangles. $32.00
Now if the weather would shape up, I would love to ditch the sweater and leggings!

No comments: